In-class Animation

Through the tutorial we received on how to use Abode Animate, I was able to create this simplistic short animation. The software provided the background and character I had chosen; I had to adjust the ocean background to make sure it fit the frame and lasted the entire duration of the clip. For the snail, I followed the classic tween format, where we insert the figure we want into the frame and implement a new frame (pressing the F6 key) to the position we want the character to be at the end. Then click the ‘classic animation’ button for it to run.

A 2-second clip displaying a very simple classic tween animation.

20 second Animation

The following animation is a longer implementation of the classic tween. I must admit, it is beginner and basic but I believe with the limitations I had with only using the resources available on the software, that I was able to utilize the characters and effects to produce a somewhat cohesive storyline. I wanted the opening scene to demonstrate that this scenario is taking place somewhere in the world, hence the globe expanding.

I adopted a short story plot mountain, setting the scene with calmer and optimistic characters such as the girl cycling and the birds flying over. The rising action comes when smoke appears and the witch makes its first appearance, and curses the village. We soon realize the land is cursed and filled with monsters beneath and the boy gets eaten by a massive earthworm, this is where the plot reaches its climax. To add more action, I emulated a comet landing awakening the rise of zombies. As the zombie emerges, the witch realizes that what she has done is wrong and breaks the curse, resolving the problem. This may not be the most intriguing or complex storyline but it was fun to make and creatively stimulating as I have never done animation before. So enjoy!

A 20-second clip demonstrating a prolonged application of the classic tween.